I’ve started a new work and yoga teaching schedule this week. I think I’m going to love it. I’m so excited to share:
- Mon – rest day, yoga prep – Teach Rocket Yoga in evening
- Tue – rest day, yoga prep – Teach Candlelight Yoga in eve
- Wed – a.m. CrossFit, p.m. Olympic weightlifting complexes
- Thu – a.m. Bodybuilding, p.m. Olympic weightlifting
- Fri (week 1) – a.m. MAX lift Friday – p.m. Hot Yoga class
- Fri (week 2) – a.m. Sunrise Yoga class – trail run, kayak, fish, camp
- Sat – teach noon Rocket Yoga – p.m. hero, chipper, EMOM*
- Sun – a.m. short WOD*, Olympic complexes, Tabata – p.m. Restorative Yoga class
*WOD = workout of the day. EMOM = every minute on the minute.
On Monday & Tuesday, I work 10 hour days and 8 hour days the rest. Then I take every other Friday off. Its a “ME” day!!!
After two rest days, I was chomping at the bit to workout. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do today, so I set up a short WOD. Then I did another…then another. Yay for 3 WODs. Here is what I did:
WOD 1: 3 rounds for time (warmup)
- 10 ring dips
- 10 wall ball shots 20#
WOD 2: 7 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
- 7 deep parallette pushups
- 4 pullups
- 11 back extensions on machine
WOD 3: 4 rounds for time
- 3 strict toes to bar
- 6 kettlebell swings 1.5 pood
- 9 double unders
These were fairly easy wods, so I focused on keeping going without much rest and strict form. I felt totally refreshed afterward. The goal wasn’t to get sore, but to get a good heart pump. It was a completely athletic workout. Tomorrow will be for getting sore when I do bodybuilding. It will be all about eccentric contractions and the pump.
Don’t you love a new workout plan? It is so invigorating!!!